How MarkOne Style Inc. Handles Your Personal Information
1. Personal information we acquire and handle
We acquire personal information directly or indirectly in connection with the provision or performance of products or services such as travel related products or services or in connection with the receipt of opinions from customers or other contact with customers, and retain a portion of such information as personal data.
2. Intended use of personal information
- We use your personal information for the following purposes.
- Arrangement of travel services provided by transportation, accommodation facilities, etc. (as described in the contract document with respect to major transportation and accommodation facilities) and procedures for receipt of such services, procedures for payment of travel expenses, and provide of other travel services in the course of travel for which the customer has applied.
- For the supply of other products and services of us or our business partners.
- To respond to customer opinions, requests, inquiries, etc., including inquiries about products or services and preparation of contracts.
- For after-sales service relating to products or services.
- For the purpose of conducting questionnaires and other activities such as requests for the provision of opinions and impressions.
- To develop, improve or reform products or services (*1)
- For the preparation of statistical materials.
- For the maintenance and operation of products, services, networks, systems, etc., and prevention of disabilities, defects, incidents, etc., of products, services, networks, systems, etc., and response in the event of such accidents.
- In order to create an environment in which customers can use products or services safety, such as monitoring, preventing, analyzing, and taking countermeasures on or against illegal, fraudulent or any other improper acts
- For use to the extent permitted by law.
- To provide personal information to a third party in order to achieve each of the above-mentioned purpose of use.
(*1) We will use Cookie, etc. (including web beacons, UIDs, and other technologies, and hereinafter simply referred to as “Cookie, etc.”) and, by or through Cookie, etc., we acquire customer purchase history, service provision history, browsing and other behavior history, information on terminals used, network information (IP addresses, etc.), analyze these as personal information of customers or information related to customers, and use these information to develop, improve, or reform products or services or advertise or promote or provide information on products or services according to induvial interest, preferences, trends, etc.
3. Provision of personal information to third party
- We will provide name, ID, gender, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address, information on emergency contacts, and other necessary personal information by electromagnetic means etc., to facilities for transportation, accommodation facilities, service providers, insurance companies, public offices, etc., to the extent necessary for arrangements for the travel services you have applied for and procedures for receipt of such services, to the extent necessary for the procedures for insurance covering our travel contract responsibilities, expenses in the event of an accident, to the extent necessary for providing information relating to safety or health or contacting a customer for confirmation of its safety, etc.
- In case of illness or accident during a trip, we may ask for personal information to whom we may contact. This personal information will be used if we acknowledge that in the event of illness or other illness, we need to contact the contact person. The customer shall obtain the contact’s consent to provide us with the personal information of the contact.
- To the extent necessary for the arrangement or provision of the various services that you have applied for, we will provide our business partners, service providers, or public offices with personal information such as your name, ID, gender, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other necessary personal information by electromagnetic means, etc.
- To the extent necessary for responding to customer opinions, requests, and inquiries, including inquiries about products or services, or preparing contracts, we will provide the customer’s name, ID, gender, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other necessary personal information by electromagnetic means, etc to the transportation/accommodation facility, service provider, other related organizations and corporations, etc.
- In order to prevent or respond to the occurrence of any disability, malfunction, or accident relating to products or services, we will provide the customer’s name, ID, gender, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other necessary personal information to the relevant authorities or parties by electromagnetic means, etc.
- We will provide personal data such as your name, gender, age, address, telephone number or e-mail address and other personal data by electromagnetic means, etc. to the government, public offices, investigative organizations, and business partners to the extent necessary to provide an environment in which you can use products or services safely, such as monitoring, preventing, analyzing, and taking countermeasures on or against illegal, fraudulent or any other improper acts.
- We will provide the customer’s personal data by electromagnetic means, etc., with the consent of the customer or to the extent permitted by law.
4. Collection of Personal Information
- We collect personal information of our customers mainly by the following methods.
- We will obtain information from customers orally (including at the store or by telephone), in writing, by fax, on or through the web, by electronic mail or by other electromagnetic means.
- When you access our website or use our service, information such as access history on the internet, service usage history, browsing and other action history, information on the terminal used, network information (IP address, etc.) etc. may be automatically recorded on our server, etc., and information recorded on the terminal may be automatically transmitted to us according to the settings of the terminal such as smartphone.
- We will not use personal information for any purpose other than the purpose of use without the consent of the customer.
- If you are a minor, we will obtain the consent of the person who has parental authority. Provided, however, that this shall not apply in case of emergency or otherwise permitted by law.
- Although it is at the customer’s discretion to select the items of personal information that the customer provides to us, if customer chooses not to provide all or part of personal information, we may not be able to contact customers, provide travel services or other services, respond to requests from customers, or accept customers’ applications or requests.
5. Consignment of customer personal information
We may entrust all or part of the business including handling personal information of customers to a third party for the purpose of arranging travel, managing travel, travel attendance services, intermediary services at airports, travel services such as payment of travel expenses, and other our services. In this case, we will select the such third party based on our standards and entrust the personal information after entering into an agreement including confidentiality.
6. Safety Management Measures
We have taken necessary and appropriate safety management measures to protect personal data, such as preventing leakage, loss, or damage. The main contents of these measures are as follows
- In order to comply with laws and regulations and ensure proper handling of personal information, we have formulated a personal information protection policies, and based on these policies, we have established this handling rule and other related internal rules concerning the acquisition, use, provision, and disposal of personal information.
- We conduct periodic self-inspections of the status of the handling of personal data.
- When outsourcing businesses, including the handling of personal information, we includes clauses related to the handling of personal information in our contracts.
- We provide regular training to our employees on the handling of personal information.
- Measures are taken to prevent theft or loss of equipment such as password setting and remote control measures.
- Access control is implemented to limit the scope of databases handled by employees.
- We have introduced mechanisms to protect the systems from unauthorized access from outside or from unauthorized software.
7. Inquiries and Disclosure Regarding Customer Personal Information
If you wish us to notify the purpose of use or disclose, correct, add or delete your personal data, discontinue to use or erase your personal data, or cease to provide it to a third party,please contact the following. Provided,however, that we are unable to comply with your request if such request may seriously interfere with the proper conduct of our business. We will take necessary measures without delay in accordance with laws and regulations and our internal rules. If we are unable to comply with your request in whole or in part, we will explain the reason.
8. Amendment of these Regulations
These Regulations may be changed or revised from time to time depending on the necessity to comply with changes in laws and regulations and the business necessity. Such changes shall be posted on this website. You are requested to fully confirm the latest contents of these Regulations after any changes, etc., that are posted on this website.
9. In the event of leakage of personal information
Should a problem arise, such as the leakage of personal information, we will notify customers, ensure safety, suspend our system as necessary, and publicize the facts on our website, etc., in accordance with laws and regulations.
As of April 1, 2022
Yayoi YOKOZAWA, President
Kaori TAKAMATSU, Domestic Travel Supervisor
MarkOne Style Inc.
Hokkaido Governor Registration Travel Industry No. 3-701
640-89 Kawashimo Shiroishi-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 0600032 JAPAN
Phone 81(0)11 875 1122 Fax 81(0)11 351 2711
09:00am – 06:00pm on Mon. to Fri. (except for National Holiday and New Year Holidays)